Subject: [amos-list] Virus(?) in Poolmem and FastIPrefs!
From: Andrew Crowe <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 20:55:17 +0000

From: Andrew Crowe <[email-masked]>

Hi Everybody,

   On the JustAmiga mailing list we have found that the following
files:

FastIPrefs 40.37 (11.07.99)  optimized by H.-W.Schober 
   filesize=17,428

PoolMem 1.45 (9.7.99)
   filesize=7,672

are infected(?) by a program called zakapior that does /something /on
the internet. I have no idea what it is doing but if you have those
installed I'd bin them straight away. Also if you have zakapior in
your task list then I'd stop it before going on the internet and
disable your startup programs to find what else might be infected...

   Does anyone have anymore info about this thing? 

See ya.
-- 
       Manta Soft  -  Amiga programing & web page designing
          Http://mantasoft.aio.co.uk/      ICQ: 21829166
         Homepage updated 1/7/99 --- James Bond, Out Now!
  - ------------------- Quote of the day: -------------------- -
"Bother," said Pooh, as his lungs exploded.

--------------------------- ONElist Sponsor ----------------------------

ONElist members are using Shared Files in great ways!
http://www.onelist.com
Are you?  If not, see our homepage for details.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html